Sunday, November 4, 2007

I would rather drink with an elephant then a skinny bird

As you may have read previously, I was getting pretty sick of Kingfisher beer when I left India. Thankfully the situation in Thailand is a lot better.

They still have tariffs here that make only a small collection of beers reasonably priced. The ones that you see everywhere are Singha, Chang, Leo, Heineken and Tiger (from Singapore). They are all decent, sweet Asian beers, but more like the ones in Japan then the sickly sweet stuff they drink in India.

The beautiful thing is that, at least in my opinion, the best tasting, strongest and cheapest is "Beer Chang". They run only 60/40 Baht (big/regular) in most bars. Also, they have the coolest label I have ever seen, with my favorite animal on it.

I may be eating my words in a month when I am sick of these, but for now I can't get enough.

Update (6/11/07) - I found out that "Chang" actually means elephant in Thai, now I like it even better "Elephant Beer".

No comments: