Thursday, September 20, 2007

Australian for Beer

We are in Mumbai (sometimes still known as Bombay) now, so a couple of updates to my list from yesterday:

- I forgot that they actually brew Foster's under licence in India now, so the beer situation is a little better then described. Since it is technically a "domestic" beer the price is the same as Kingfisher, where available.

- Will write more on this, but Mumbai rocks, and they do have cafes here that are more or less like a normal bar. Nisha and I had a couple of the previously mentioned Fosters and watched the end of a big India-England Cricket match on a big screen in a packed house last night.

- One of the afore mentioned bars also has beef burgers and Chinese food with beef. The funny thing is that even though one of the objects of my affection is right in front of me, I don't think I am going to pull the trigger. I have no idea where they get beef from in India, but I don't really want to know. The possibility that it is one of those cows that hang out eating piles of garbage on the street is too much to take.

No comments: